I've been in Dutch Harbor for 3 days and have had quite the exciting start! I landed on Sunday late afternoon got settled in and started clinic on Monday at 9am. Worked all day with my preceptor and thought the day was over at 5pm.
I got to fly with a flight paramedic and flight nurse out of Dutch to transport a patient to Anchorage. The patient was having cardiac problems but was stable for most of the flight. The pt then crashed just as we were landing, the nurse and paramedic had to shock him. Then once he got into the ambulance his blood pressure sky rocketed and we had lights and sirens all the way to the hospital. It was CRAZY! I can't wait to fly again if they have room! We stayed the night in Anchorage and flew back to Dutch this morning. I came home took a shower and went to the clinic for the rest of the afternoon.
They have housing for me here and a car.....driving a nice little Jimmy. My house is a 3 bedroom place with a full kitchen that looks out to a lake and a mountain. The mountains here remind me of Kauai. The clinic I work at is the Iliuliuk Family Health Clinic. They have a couple of doctors, a few PAs and a NP. The patients are pretty diverse, a lot of local residents, but also part timers like crabmen/fishermen and cannery processors.
If the rain dies down tomorrow I'll try taking some pictures, but as of now I am literally hoping that I don't blow away when I go outside. Seriously rain from every direction out here.....and it hasn't stopped all day! Pacific Northwest has nothing on Dutch! It really is pretty amazing out here, I really like it!
Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Take Care,
:) natalie
No comments:
Post a Comment