I'm finally done with class back on campus. Let me tell you about having to sit in class after being able to be up and busy all day with patients, it is tough! But it was great to see people in class.....and always good to hear about rotations so you know what to expect.
So we arrive at the airport this morning with smiles only to find out that our flight to Kona has been delayed. You are probably reading this and not feeling sorry for us, we understand cause we get to go to Hawaii!! We're very excited to spend Christmas with the Miller clan, this is our first with them.
Greg will be in Hawaii until 1/1 and I start my surgical rotation on 1/2. I am working with a general surgeon and I have no idea what I am going to be doing. I have heard from classmates that surgical rotations vary a lot. So I may be clamping, retracting, and closing and get some good suturing experience or I may just be observing for the next month. I'll definitely miss being able to see patients in the clinic setting, which I have discovered I absolutely love! Regardless, I'll be on a nice laid back island with sunshine :)
Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!!!
Take care,
:) Natalie
I put you on my blog as a link :)
ReplyDelete