Saturday, August 17, 2013

Summer is flying by...

Ellie's been a busy little bee this summer.  She's discovering that playing in the dirt is a lot of fun...until she realizes she's dirty, then she throws out an "uh oh" and tries to clean off the bottom of her shoes.  Hopefully this tidiness will carry over to her teen years and keeping her room clean.

We headed to Cape Lookout State Park near Tillamook in June.  Ellie had quite a great time hiking through the woods...and then stopping along the trail, opening her lunch box and having a snack.  I think the dirt coated knees shows she had a pretty good day!

 Happy Girl!


 "Grandma, I think the beach is that way."

Giggles McGee

Snack time...again!


And it only made sense to head to the Tillamook Cheese Factory on our way home.  Where Ellie proceeded to taste her first delicious ice cream cone (yep her parents forgot ice cream with her birthday cake this year)  I think she was a fan!



 I don't know what I was saying in the picture...but I promise it wasn't as serious as it looks...probably, "quickly it's melting!"  And yes, she does have a new outfit in front of the sign...Grandma couldn't help but replace the ice cream smattered onesie (which replaced the muddy mess of an orange onesie) with an adorable Tillamook tee.



Other discoveries this summer, have been a bit more on the girlie side...
 "Where did I put those keys...oh there they are!  I'm outta here."








No comments:

Post a Comment