Monday, December 3, 2012

Zoo Day

What to do when the rain has set in for the fall?  Head to the zoo!  We put on our layers, got Ellie all snug in her pack, and enjoyed a nice stroll through the very quiet zoo.  Highlights included hitting feeding time at every exhibit (so we have seen the back of most animals as they head in for their afternoon snack) and   Ellie seeing her first polar bear...she was pretty excited.  Also a huge fan of the sea lions!  We did decide that once the actual down pour started that it was time to go.  And it wasn't because Ellie was crying...she actually was quite entertained with the rain and smiled the whole way, our little trooper!!

 Getting ready to head to the zoo....the really empty zoo.


 Looking a little skeptical with the idea of hanging in the rain?


 She got over that pretty quickly.  She was pretty impressed with the sea lions.  I'm sure her dad will be sure and tell her how cute they are not when diving next to them in Alaska!


 "Hey guys, I'm over here...
 "...alright well I'll just lean in the picture too I guess"
Finally, a fence post to the rescue for family picture time.  So nice and toasty (well and stinky) in the atrium! 


 Just hanging with dad and the zebras...at least the zebras have sense to head for cover!
The zoo was very thoughtful to make a sign for Ellie...but they got the birthdate wrong...and that weight is off, by about 292lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment